Education: [How to read Chinese pdf files?]
DGA Self Study Examination on 16 May 2013
– Special Privilege for HAFFA Members – (Buy One Get One Free)
Early settlement of the HAFFA Membership Subscription Fee on or before 24 May 2013, and enroll into the designated DGA Self Study Exam, you will be entitled to get one (1) Free seat of DGA Self Study Exam in designated classes to be held in June and July 2013 on a first-come-first-served basis.
Self Study Examination Enrollment Form and
Special Registration Form for DGA Examination [download here]
· Vocational Training Programme for the Freight
Logistics Sector (VTP)
· RAR - Cargo Security Training (Regulated Agent Regime) Course on 9 May 2013
· Class Schedule for Year 2013 Click here for course leaflet and details
· Special Discount of DGA Self-Study Exam for CLG/CX RAR Training Course Participant
· CAD Letter to RA: RA Revalidation Test to be implemented commencing from 05 March 2007 on 23 Feb 2007
Please find the subject
letter issued by Civil Aviation Department (CAD) for Members' information that
For more details, please visit the CAD’s website at http://www.cad.gov.hk/english/RA_Revalidation_Test.html.
For further enquiry on the subject letter and the test registration, please contact CAD officer at 2910 6953 (From: 09:
RA Company, whose RA training certificate is going to be expired soon, can either apply for the free-of-charge revalidation test organized by the CAD or consider taking the HAFFA current initial RAR 1-day training which is also accepted by the CAD.
· ICAO - FIATA Dangerous Goods by Air Transport Course – 4 days New Program on 16 May 2013
(Open to HAFFA and Non-HAFFA Members)
ü Approved by the HKCAD
ü Meets the IATA cargo agency's training requirements
ü Meets HAFFA membership application training requirements
ü Special Topic of Lithium Battery in air transport is included
ü The ICAO - FIATA DG by Air Training Course is a very important initiative by the forwarders for the forwarders, solidly backed by the technical and regulatory expertise of ICAO
ü The course meets the requirements for Shippers/Forwarders whom need to consign Dangerous Goods Shipment by Air
· HAFFA Local Training Courses (Open for HAFFA Members Only) on 16 May 2013
Class Schedule for Year 2013
Cargo Skills & Procedures / Basic Cargo Skills & Procedures (BT) - 5 days
Cargo Claims Handling / Cargo Claims Handling and Preventive Program (CLMS) - 2 days
Dangerous Goods Regulations (for Category 3 Personnel) (DG) - 4 & 5 days
Refresher Dangerous Goods Regulations (for Category 3 Personnel) (RDG) - 3 days
Dangerous Goods Awareness (for Category 4 or 5 Personnel) (DGA) - 0.5day/1 day
2013 Batteries Handling Program (Air & Ocean) - 0.5 day
Good News! Recently HAFFA has successfully applied funding from the Out-Centre Course Scheme held by the Vocational Training Council - Transport Logistics Training Board (VTC-TLTB) for the following courses (Year 2012- Mar 2013). Through the scheme, the VTC-TLTB will offer partial reimbursement/subsidy to the following students who have successfully passed the subject course organized by HAFFA provided with attendance of 80% or above, subject to the funding availability. The application form for partial reimbursement and details will be sent to the student together with the student acceptance letter within 3 working days after the enrollment deadline.
the following courses for year 2013 (until March 2013):
- Cargo Skills & Procedures (BT) organized by CX - Subsidy: $1,155 per student
- Basic Air Cargo Handling (BT) organized by IATA – Subsidy: $1,320 per student
- Cargo Claims Handling (CLMS) - Subsidy: $462 per student
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG) - Subsidy: $693 per student
· HAFFA DG Awareness Self-Study Scheme
For enquires on Training, please contact the HAFFA Secretariat directly at tel: (852) 2796 3121.
How to read traditional Chinese or simplified Chinese pdf files?
Some files are Portable Document Format (.pdf) files in either traditional Chinese or simplified Chinese format.
If you cannot open the traditional Chinese or simplified Chinese .pdf files, please go to Adobe's website to download the respective Asian Font Packs (Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese): http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrrasianfontpack.html
After downloading the font pack, you have to install onto your PC by double click on the downloaded file.
For viewing pdf files in simplified Chinese format, your Internet browser should have simplified Chinese support installed.
Internet browser requirement:
- Netscape: Netscape 6.0 or above
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: version 5.5 or above with simplified Chinese display support